Saturday, July 17, 2010

Two step stamps and a truck

This Loads of Love stamp set is an oldy but a goody!
I created this card for a good friend's birthday, knowing his love of dogs!
I used a sketch from Utah Divas as the basis for my card - love this unusual design!
I think I will be using it again!
I used Brocade blue for the base of my card and created a background with the Happy birthday wheel and added some sponging around the edges. I used blue dotty paper from the Pink Flamingo DSP pack. This is a great pack for bright happy birthday cards.
I stamped the truck from Loads of love and added in the doggies in the back and the driver from the co ordinating accessory stamp set. A stamp positioner comes in really handy here to get them just where I wanted them and I then coloured them in with complimentary colours.
I cut the stamped image into a circle with my circle scissors and mounted it on the card with dimensionals.
I added a greeting and a little stamped image of the doggies which I punched with my small circle punch. I finished off the card with some silver brads.
This is a great male card and I hope to make a few more with this design (which I tweaked a bit along the way...ha, ha!!!)
You can get this Loads of love set and several other Two step sets on special til the end of July...including the beautiful Rose is a Rose! Click on the link to my website for details.

No comments: