Sunday, February 7, 2010

Looking Out Scrapbook page

This is another cute picture of my cat sitting gazing out the door. A past time that he spends much of his time doing. When I first started out to create this page, I had a very different idea. But looking through my scrap papers, I came across this lovely sheet in the Tall Tales DSP pack and the little birds seemed most appropriate for that is presumably what my cat finds most interesting to look at outside! I cut a circle with my Circle scissors in Old Olive and stamped his name with my Short order Alphabet stamps, pierced some holes around the edge and placed the circle beneath my photo. I created the flowers with stamps from my Enjoy every moment stamp set. I surrounded the journal flower circle with circles cut with my 1 inch circle punch in Rose Red, to create a larger flower. I embellished the flowers with my little 3 flower punch flowers in Apricot Appeal and fixed them to the flowers with Rose Red brads. I then (horror of horrors) cut into a second sheet of the same paper and cut out the little birds and popped then up with dimensionals to add some dimension to the page. But that's ok cos I will make some cards with the scraps :) I created my heading with Chipboard letters sponged with white ink and my tiny alphabet set (Simple Serif) with old Olive ink stamped on a narrow strip of very vanilla card then cut into squares. I finished off the page with a stamped and punched Butterfly (gotta love that punch!) and some more Rose Red brads. I added the date on a Curly label punched tag which I tucked under the picture. I was pretty happy with how this page turned out even though it was nothing like what I had in mind when I started out with my very cute photo!

No comments: