Sunday, September 25, 2011

My piano scrapbook page

I'm having a lovely lazy Sunday, taking some time out to spend crafting.
The idea for this scrapbook page has been hovering in my mind for a week or so and I've finally completed it.
I know I wanted to include circles of music paper (Newsprint from last catty) and space for journalling. I layed out my photo and music circles on a couple of sheets from my paper stack
and I thought the green a good combination. I often like to have a border around my page and went for Early Expresso to reflect the colours in my photo.
There are a couple of great sheets of journalling lined paper in the Beau Chateau DSP pack and I used one of those for the journalling. I punched the edge with my spiral punch and added some detail with a flourish stamp from Elements of Style set. I punched a black strip with the NEW and lovely Dotted Scallop ribbon Border punch (can see this one getting a workout!) and added an antique brad. I used a round tab punch to draw attention to the photo and added a tiny flower and a rhinestone for some girly bling.
I finished the page with my punched circles and some buttons from the neutrals pack...I thought it reinforced the ebony and ivory thing from the piano keys!
Another memory stored in my photo album!

No comments: