Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Modern Medley fun

I LOVE the Modern Medley DSP!
It makes for beautiful special occasion cards.

This one was for a special birthday on the weekend.
Although I was a bit concerned about having a party in a barn in the middle of August!
They were lucky with the weather, after a shocker of a day Friday, Saturday was not too bad.
Some heaters and open fires and a lovely spit roast and special entertainment by a talented guitar playing son made for a pleasant evening.

For this card I started with a shaped die cut piece (cut with an e-cutter).
I decided to mount it similar to a Z fold card (as the piece was not big enough for a folded card)
I actually started with the inside of this card, as I wanted both the lattice DSP, the lacy edge and the green base to show behind the die cut flowers.

Then on to the card front. I die cut a tag with the new CHALK TALK framelits - love these!
The front of the card was an awkward shape so I decided with a narrow DSP strip and a lace doily to anchor the tag on the card.  The rest was easy. A lovely premade flower from my stash and some chipboard numbers then I added the little happy birthday flag and some gems, pearls and a ribbon bundle to finish.

I was pretty happy with the finished card, even then I almost left it behind on the night!

Enjoy!

Susanne

No comments: