Wednesday, August 14, 2013

More Modern Medley

I was so happy with my last Modern Medley card, that I decided to make another one for an upcoming special birthday.

This time I decided to have a play with another shaped card and a Pop n Cut die.


I LOVE this card!
I was so happy with my Pop n Cuts attempt.
I started by cutting the shaped inner of the card out of the new Pistachio Pudding In colour card.
I started off with a brown outer but as I had my heart set on a champagne glimmer paper dress and the Modern Medley leftover strip on my desk, I ended up going with the black base.

I went a bit glimmer paper happy on this card!
Cutting both a glimmer dress and a glimmer strip cut with the large scallop edgelit.
Then on to the card front.  This was a piece of cake as I based  it on my previous card.

This time though I decided to make my own flower with the new PANSY PUNCH.
I cut two out of the Modern Medley paper and added a black scallop circle on the back.
I finished my flower off with a gorgeous Very Vintage button with a narrow black ribbon and some gold thread and I also added a bit of glimmer paper behind the button to tie it in to the inside of the card. Then I thought, hang it, I'll add some faux glimmer paper brads too!

I hope the recipient loves this card - cos I do!

Recipe:
Itty Bitty banners stamps and Fabulous flowers stamp set (retired)
Modern Medley DSP
Champagne Glimmer paper
Black and Pistachio pudding cardstock
Dress form Pop n Cuts
Dress Up framelits
Large scallop edgelits
Chalk Talk framelits
Pansy Punch (NEW)
Very Vintage buttons
Scallop circle punch

I can see lots more Pop n Cuts cards coming along!
(and another pack of Modern Medley DSP!)

Susanne

No comments: